7.08.2008

Relationships

One of my friends just emailed me to ask how things are going with "the new man" (her term, not mine). She outlined it as a quiz. There were 10 multiple choice questions. Yes, she's funny. Amazingly, all of my answers reflected that I'm entering into an actual relationship. I don't do relationships. I just don't. Not that I don't want to. It just never seems to happen. I usually go for the wrong guy. The unavailable guy. The asshole. You know the type. But, now, I'm interested in a nice boy. A nice boy that plays music, has passion and cooks. Um, yes, that's me freaking out. Luckily, my sisters in Christ remind me that I'm not the only one that feels so insane most of the time. The new Single Rev Gal's Guide to Life article is just brilliant.

I'm about to go on vacation -- an insane, nearly three week vacation to a country where the dollar is useless. I'm traveling alone for one week (actually 5 days) and then meeting up with two other YCW whom I hope to find at the train station next Saturday morning without cell phones. Eeeeek. I love my alone time but this trip is making me nervous. I finally feel like I'm settling into my relationships here. I have awesome friends that email me with silly quizzes. I have a possible new relationship with a boy. And I'm leaving for three weeks to be alone. This doesn't really add up for me as I pack my bags.

Deep breath. I know, it'll be fine. It'll be great actually. But, I'm a ball of emotion. All good emotion -- you know, because God is good all of the time. But, that doesn't change the fact that I'm a ball of emotion.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm excited for you, on all levels!

Stacey said...

I know all about going for the wrong guys...and anytime I've encountered a potentially-right guy, I've freaked out so much that it all fell apart. So, I'm hoping for you that the freaking out is minimized, or at least that you manage it better than I've been able to thus far. Time alone and away could be good (and I'm SO envious, by the way).

And thanks for the shout out!