11.28.2006

Prince of Peace?

I've started to watch the news in the morning before leaving for church. Usually, this is not the wisest move as I tend to get a bit angry. I tend to be furious actually. And so it is today. After the newsbit on breast cancer, CNN informed me that somewhere in Colorado someone had the audacity to hang a wreath that looked like this. A wreath in the shape of the a peace symbol. The entire town is in uproar. It's a slap in the face to those that have children, husbands and wives overseas. Oh no, but it gets worse. Apparently, these Colorado locals believe that the peace sign is actually a symbol of Satan.

No, I'm not kidding. I'm furious but I'm not kidding. But, she hung the wreath and even though she was forced to take it down, she explained “Peace is way bigger than not being at war. This is a spiritual thing.”

And it is a spiritual thing. We are approaching a season where we are awaiting the Prince of Peace. And if we are really awaiting such a revelation, it seems appropriate to hang peace signs and pray that world peace might be realized one day. Really, it's what Jesus would want.

No comments: