9.13.2007

Dancing With God



Look! It turns out that I still have some artistic merit. I received my copy of The Response, a United Methodist Women's Magazine. As you know, I'm not a Methodist woman. But, I did serve a Methodist church briefly in seminary so I have friends among the Methodist women. And somehow, they think I'm an artist (a title that I'm not sure I can accept).

This week, I tried painting again. I tried to actually use the studio/guest room in my home. It was only a few weeks ago that I was in Cape Cod in a painting class. Long before that class, I had been asked to do this artwork for one of the stories in this issue of the Response. It's about evangelism, I think. I read it a long time ago and created some artwork related to the heart and impulse of the article. And I must say, it's strange to see your artwork in print. It's really weird when you struggled to put paint to canvas just this week. Somewhere this part of me is still there. And in all outward appearances, it's an active part of me. Funny though. Sometimes our lives don't mesh that well. Try as we might. There are separate parts. Sometimes prayers flow. Sometimes it's impossible it is to pray. So it is with paint, it seems.

6 comments:

Alex said...

wow, that is beautiful! congrats... :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's awesome!

LittleMary said...

wow you rock!!!!! i am so very impressed!!!

Audrey Connor said...

glad to hear you are painting again! that is surely a sign of the spirit working - even with painters block

Unknown said...

With words, too.
It's a beautiful image.

LadyBurg said...

Wow, you are really talented. Its beautiful. Congrats!