7.17.2006

Things Are Not Always As They Seem

I'm angry. I'm not sure if anger is the appropriate emotion, but I'm angry. I'm not sure if I should be angry with myself or with others. Should I be angry with the colleague that has found himself in a less than favorable situation? Should I be angry with myself for not seeing the potential for disaster? Should I be angry that I saw something I trusted? Or should I be furious with the unrealistic expectations that we place on clergy so that clergy can only fall short?

I'm not sure what it is that makes me so angry. But, it's the only emotion that I can really articulate. And now, I'm back at square one. I have to begin again. I have to figure out where to go from here. I want to find hope in that moment. But, right now, I'm just angry.

No comments: