7.22.2006

The Power of God

I'm always amazed by the presence of God. I mean, She really sneaks up on you and bites you in the ass sometimes. And right now, I'm finding it in the power of the human connection -- people that I have never met or even spoken to. Really, this is what I find so amazing about art. Here you are feeling all that you are feeling in the present situation that you are in. And then, you happen upon a painting, a poem, some stained glass, a photograph, a dance or in my case, a book. Right in the middle of all of my thinking, Barbara Brown Taylor names it exactly as she says:

"I wanted a sanctuary, and, though I did not seem able to rope off such a place inside myself, I still held out hope that if I could build one outside myself then perhaps the inner one would grow."


I offer you these words today on the off chance that these words echo with something in your heart too. And maybe, like me, you will find yourself amazed that someone else does know exactly how I feel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»