1.02.2008

And then, God showed up.

On New Years Eve, my good friend and I sipped champagne and created our own personal bucket lists. I couldn't think of a better way to spend the new year -- as we prepare for better things to come into our lives. As we bid farewells to the hopes and fears of the past year, we prepared for what will come.

Last night, after returning from a traditional German dinner at her mother's (did you know that it's good luck to eat pork and saurkraut on New Years), we finished the bottle of champagne and chatted. And then, God showed up. I'm not talking about anything spectcularly metaphysical -- but my dear friend informed me that she felt God was pushing her to tell me to do this one thing (something that appears on my bucket list, mind you). I'm not sure I'm ready. Then again, it would be the perfect time in my life to do this. I would have to bid farewell to comfort and step out in faith. And I must admit, I'm not sure if I'm ready for that. Even if it won't happen until 2009 or 2010. It still scares me. And yet, isn't when things scare us that when we are supposed to go ahead?

5 comments:

more cows than people said...

buckets? i think i missed something. please elaborate.

blessings on working through your fears and living your intentions. a bit of fear probably does confirm a God sighting. may you hear the assurance that you need not be afraid.

LittleMary said...

oh you poor neglected soul. of course we are to eat pork and saurkraut for new year's. boiled ribs to be specific and mashed potatoes should be added to that list. at least that is what us dutch do.

i am fascinated to know what thing you are to give up. ((((pastor peters)))) in your discernment with that:)

Pastor Peters said...

have you seen ads for the movie the bucket list with morgan freeman? that's where the idea came from.

littlemary, i can't believe you gave me virtual hugs. it's a virtual war.

Susie/Nueva Cantora said...

YAY for pork and sauerkraut! We always did this in my family, but it seemed like we were the only ones.

Rivkah said...

Oh you northern yanks! Us southern belles know that for good luck in the new year you eat black eyed peas! You can serve what you like with them, but usually it's ham, cornbread and greens of some sort. Happy '08 to all!