2.10.2007

The Minister is Sick

Not me. I'm perfectly healthy (knock on wood). I'm feeling great.

But, my colleague is sick. He's been awfully sick since about Thursday so that for the third Sunday in eighteen years, he is going to miss church. He pointed this out on the phone yesterday. So, for the second time since I have been called as a pastor to this church, I will be running the show. Kinda funny actually as I will also become a member tomorrow. Somehow that seems ironic.

It makes me nervous though. I overslept church last time and though I just secured all of the volunteers that I need to make the service happen tomorrow, I'm a little anxious. Well, and because I'm not thrilled with my sermon. So it goes.

Pray for strength. Pray for strength.

Of course, in the midst of this prayer, I get to the local high school production of Footloose. And even before that, I have another date. This is boy three. Did I mention I'm distracted from worship and that's really what worries me? Yeah, well, at least I'm aware of it. We shall see what happens. But, he sounds very promising. Fingers crossed.

Pray for strength. Pray for strength.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm just reading your sidebar profile and laughing. I'm proud to be the second-youngest clergy. And that makes me feel very young!
Blessings to you as you run the show tomorrow. You will rock them, I feel sure.