9.07.2005

Old Friends

Tonight, I had drinks with an old friend. I'm always amazed at reunions. I remember more than I expect. I feel like there is tons of time to catch up on. I feel like there is something I need to share -- whether worthwhile or not. I love that excitement of seeing an old friend. And tonight, I reconnected with someone from my past. I reconnected with my life before seminary who reminded me of who we were before I began this journey. We spent three months together in Appalachia while doing what might be called service work. We share a vocational call -- but I've always felt a tad more connected to my dear friend. And I had the blessing of reconnecting with her while she shared with me the wonders of her new life. I can't help but thank God for the blessings of friends -- but especially this dear friend.

No comments: