6.29.2006

The Perfect Home

If you could live anywhere in the U.S.A., where would you live?

This is a question I have been entertaining recently. I knew that I wanted to leave New York. I had done that. It had grown stale (ok, truthfully, I miss it). But, it's not where I want to be. I wanted to stretch my arms and see where the wind would take me, or as the case may be, where God would take me. I fantasized about farming communities, Midwestern prairies, New England harbors and small cities dotted across our nation. I didn't know where I would end up. But, now, I have come to the point that I need to make a decision about where I want to live. Where do I want to live for the next five or ten years?

Most people make this decision before they seek a job, but it's interesting to do the reverse. To fall in love with a church family (which for me, is to fall in love with my work) and then begin to ponder the question of whether or not I could live here. Would a big city girl grow bored? Would there be enough beauty around me to inspire me? Would there be people outside of the church to challenge me and make me laugh?

I wonder. If I could live anywhere, would I live there?

No comments: