12.17.2008

Reading Challenge XXV


I just finished this book and wrote this review about it over on Good Reads:

Winner is on a different spiritual path than I am. We share a faith in Jesus Christ but how I get there is not the same as how she gets there. I knew this from reading Girl Meets God, which I read in seminary. I enjoy her candor in both books. She admits honestly that spirituality isn't automatic but takes work. In her words, I was reminded (which I needed to be) about how I claim my own spiritual practice. I'm not a Jewish convert. I'm not a Christian like Winner, but I do appreciate listening in on how other people attempt to explore their faith. It's not earth shattering, but it was what I needed.


Now, I'm in search of a new book. Nothing on my book shelf is tempting. I hate that.

1 comment:

LittleMary said...

this woman drives me crazy. I will leave my rant about her for a different place, but it is good that you are getting good things out of her book, even though you are so very different.