10.15.2005

Conversations until 5 am

Every once in a while, you have one of those conversations. They are the kind of conversations that charactertize college. You know the ones. Where you hang on every word and share talk about... well, everything. Every once in a while, they happen in seminary. But it seems that these amazing conversations that last until the wee hours of the morning usually happen with college friends.

So I got the honor of one of these conversations with my old friend Brent last night. I met Brent ten years ago (which surprised us both last night) when he was my RA at a summer art program at the college we both attended -- though I would not enroll until after he graduated. We don't see each other very often but like good friends -- time and distance doesn't really affect friendship. You just pick up where you left off.

Smoking cloves, we started to talk about what really matters. We talked until 5 am. Though it's messed up my day and I won't get most of the things that I should have gotten done today, I'm so glad that I got to talk to my old friend Brent. I'm so excited that I got to spend that time with him.

No comments: